The kids are out of school and you’ve earned a long vacation, or if it’s just you or you and your significant other, it’s time for warm temperatures, blue skies, and light winds, which equals summertime! I’m sure you’re wondering what kind of vacation to take this year, where to go, when to go, and how to make it the best ever. Here are 5 awesome vacation ideas for the summer.
- Of course, you can never go wrong with Disneyland or Disneyworld, especially if you have kids. If you have been to Disneyland, try Disneyworld. If you have the budget for it, add a Disney cruise – a once-in-a-lifetime experience your kids will be talking about for years to come. Because they cater to the family, they also offer areas of the ship just for adults, kids, and teens. Moms and Dads can chill out by the pool, while their little ones are getting all dressed up in princess or pirate attire.
- See the sights in New York City if you’re traveling solo. There is so much to see in the city, from Broadway’s fantastic shows to Central Park, and of course, the Statue of Liberty. You can’t go wrong this summer. If you have kids, this would be a great opportunity to let them see the new One World Trade Center, which is nearing its completion date.
- Another of the 5 awesome vacation ideas for the summer is heading out to the west coast and soaking in the sun on San Diego’s many beaches. Try surfing, snorkeling, or good old water skiing with the family.Carlsbad and Mission beaches are prime for surfing, playing a game of volleyball on the beach, and basking in the warmth.Carlsbad, in particular, is San Diego’s best-kept secret, and if you’re looking for a quiet spot to enjoy, this is the place. Point Loma and La Jolla Beaches are diamonds-in-the-ruff, and feature gorgeous homes, fine dining, and upscale shopping.
- Plan a luau in Hawaii. This is probably the most popular vacation spot in the United States. Beaches, beaches, and more beaches!! Not to mention nightly entertainment, exotic food and locales, and you can expect just about the perfect vacation. Hawaii also has a ton of excursions that will have you exploring every inch of the island – that is if you have a few weeks or more to enjoy it. Learn about Hawaii’s rich history, as you traverse around the island, and prepare for gorgeous sights you won’t find anywhere else.
- Love to go hiking? Plan a vacation to the beautiful cliffs of southern Utah. The last of the 5 awesome vacation ideas for the summer includes visiting Zion’s or Bryce Canyon National Parks, which are just the ticket for those who love outdoor adventures. The striking red rocks of these parks are perfect for camera-loving enthusiasts. Camp out, underneath the stars, and really enjoy nature at its finest.
Wherever you go, enjoy it! Vacations are one of the best ways to spend the long, relaxing summer.