7 TIPS TO GET YOUR HOME READY FOR FALL
The fall season is a perfect time to get your home ready before the cold winter months arrive. By taking precautionary steps, you can prevent serious home damages and expensive home repairs from occurring. Our team compiled a list of seven important home maintenance tips you should do during the fall to get home ready for winter.
- Get your heater/furnace serviced- Autumn is a great time to have a service technician come out and check to ensure your furnace is working properly. In the winter time, service technicians are more likely to be booked up with service calls, which can cause delays.
- Get chimney checked for blockages- Fireplaces are used frequently in the cold winter months. It’s a good idea to make sure your chimney is checked for any blockages as it can result in falling debris or a smoky smell in your home when the fire burns.
- Remove window A/C units- We suggest removing your A/C window units during the fall because leaves, dirt and other particles can get inside the unit and potentially can potentially damage the unit.
- Clean gutters and downspouts- It’s a good idea to get your gutters and downspouts cleaned because the clogging of leaves and other debris can lead to falling gutters which can cause flooding and foundation issues to your property.
- Trim trees and bushes- Trimming trees and bushes around your home in the fall can prevent loose branches and limbs from falling onto your property during winter storms.
- Get your roof inspected- It’s important to get your roof inspected for any leaks or loose shingles before winter strikes. Roofers will also charge more for services during peak season (winter months).
- Seal any cracks around windows and doors- Sealing cracks around your windows and doors before the cold winter comes, can prevent bugs and rodents from coming inside your home. When its cold outside, these pests are looking for warmth and will try to get inside your warm home.
Once you get these preventative maintenance steps completed, you can be assured your home is prepared for the upcoming colder months. Taking these preventative steps can also save you time and lots of money in repair costs. The cold weather is coming, cozy up and relax knowing you fully prepared your home for the colder months.Read More »