4 EASY WAYS TO SAVE THIS NEW YEAR
Most people want to start the new year by trying to save money and fixing their financial situation. It can be hard to figure out where to start, so our team compiled a list of four easy ways to help you get started in 2018. Take a look at our list to help you in 2018:
Read More »
- Start a Budget- Starting a budget is great way to start saving money. Most people do not know where their money is going every month. Making a budget and following it will help improve your financial situation. There are many free budgeting tools online that can help you get started.
- Refinance Your Mortgage- Another easy way to save money is to refinance your mortgage. Refinancing your mortgage with a lower interest rate, can help you save money on your monthly mortgage payment. For more information on refinancing your mortgage, give one of our friendly mortgage specialists a call at (877) 290-9991.
- Consolidate Your Debt- Consolidating all your debt into one loan can help you save money because your interest rate will be much lower than credit card rates. This will help you pay off your debt faster because more money will be going to your debt rather than interest. A mortgage refinance can provide you with the lowest interest rates to consolidate your debt. You can give one of our friendly mortgage specialists a call at (877) 290-9991 for more information.
- Cancel Unused Subscriptions- Another easy way to save money is to cancel subscriptions that you are no longer using. Do you have a gym membership that you are no longer using? Or perhaps video or music streaming services you do not have a chance to watch or listen to anymore? Cancelling subscriptions that you do not use often can you save you tons of money!
We all want to start the New Year off on the right foot, and an enjoyable New Year’s Eve party can help to do that. When deciding how to throw a New Year’s Eve Party, try not to take the night itself too seriously; instead, focus on the most important thing: the people with whom you are going to enjoy it. Spending the night at home with close friends and family can be as exciting and fun as a night out on the town, in addition to costing a lot less money. Good parties should be planned; if you want to know how to throw a New Year’s Eve Party, consider the following elements:
This is not essential, but having a theme around which the party is focused can liven things up a bit. Consider costumes or theme-related activities. Guests may feel less inhibited and more relaxed when wearing costumes.
Usually, food for a New Year’s Eve party will consist of light meals and finger foods rather than a Thanksgiving-style dinner. Finger foods allow guests to move around and mingle rather than be stuck at a dinner table. Your options range from getting frozen pre-made dishes at the grocery store or spending a little time to make some hors d’oeuvres yourself. Fondue is a good idea for your New Year’s Eve dessert as it can help to promote interaction and mingling among your guests. If you decide that your guests need more substantial fare, consider a potluck buffet-style dinner; there is more food at less cost to you and your guests can still interact freely with each other.
Champagne is the traditional option but not really a necessity. Instead of expensive alcohol, try some sparkling grape juice or apple cider. If you decide that you want alcohol but do not have room in your budget for champagne, try a more affordable alternative like prosecco. If you do provide alcohol, make sure that your guests have a safe way to get home. Consider a cab company or get your spare room ready for overnight guests.
The entertainment you provide for your guests is a big part of how to throw a New Year’s Eve party. The entertainment can range from board games to poker. Games can help strangers to break the ice and pass the time till the clock strikes midnight. If you want dancing, you will need to have appropriate music. Create a playlist to suit your guests, whether old standards or the latest pop hits.
Things to do at Midnight
This is the time in the proceedings when it is traditional to make some noise. You can light fireworks or use noisemakers to usher in the New Year.
Read More »
Like many of our traditional holidays, Valentine’s Day has origins that don’t really have much to do with the love and joy that we associate with it today. Its origins don’t have much to do with the cute SpongeBob SquarePants cards you send to school with your second grader!
In ancient Rome from February 13-15, the citizens engaged in a rite that was intended to increase fertility. Although the link between Lupercalia and our modern Valentine’s Day is disputed, during these two days, available men and women would be matched and animal sacrifices would be made to guarantee that the union of the participants would be fruitful. (more…)
Read More »
The Super Bowl is without a doubt one of the most beloved sporting events in the United States. Each year, millions of people indulge in fine food, sip on frosty beers and put on their foam fingers all in aid of the eagerly anticipated football game. As the second most-watched sporting event in the world, it’s not surprising that stadiums around the country overflow with excited fans. If you like to take on the role of host, consider throwing an awesome Super Bowl party!
Pointing your furniture towards the television is the first step you need to take before the fun begins. Once you have handed out invitations to your football fan friends, prepare for the shenanigans with the following five tips:
1. Themes and Decorations – Transform your home into a football stadium by adorning the walls with Super Bowl-themed decorations. You can make your own (more…)
Read More »
We all want to start the New Year off on the right foot, and an enjoyable New Year’s Eve party can help to do that. When deciding how to throw a New Year’s Eve Party, try not to take the night itself too seriously; instead, focus on the most important thing: the people with whom you are going to enjoy it. Spending the night at home with close friends and family can be as exciting and fun as a night out on the town, in addition to costing a lot less money. Good parties have to be planned; if you want to know how to throw a New Year’s Eve Party, consider the following elements:
• A Theme
This is not essential, but having a theme around which the party is focused can liven things up a bit. Consider costumes or theme-related (more…)
Read More »
Some folks make ingenious decisions when buying Christmas gifts. They’ll compare prices, maybe start their shopping very early in the year, or get very methodical about their purchases. Regardless of how you choose to prepare for gift giving, we have several tips to help you give Christmas gifts on a budget!
Make a Budget and Stick To It
After the Christmas season, we always hear folks talking about the credit card debt they’ve incurred because of the gifts they purchased. You can easily avoid this by sitting down before you even buy your first gift and decide exactly how much money you can afford to spend. This is the same budget concept that many people use when grocery shopping. Though you may want to get Uncle (more…)
Read More »
Halloween is a wonderful holiday. You get to dress up, freak out the ones you love and eat candy. Could there be anything better? However, lately it seems like the holiday has gotten out of hand. With all of the things people want you to buy, Halloween can be spooky for your wallet. Never fear, with these great tips, you can enjoy Halloween on a budget.
Halloween on a Budget: Costumes
You do not need to go to a fancy costume shop to come up with a great costume. Here are a few creative costumes you can make from items which you already own:
• If you are going to a Halloween party with your spouse, dress as him or her. (more…)
Read More »